Favorite Story brought classic literature to the radio. Favorite Story originally began its broadcast on KFI Los Angeles and made the leap to nationally broadcast.
Hosted by Ronald Colman, frequent guest stars included Hans Conreid, William Conrad, Raymond Burr, and Helen Craig. Favorite Story's high quality and use of timeless literature lead to its rebroadcast for years to come.
Classics included in Favorite Story:
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll is the story of a girl who falls down a rabbit hole to find a peculiar fantasy world.
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte is the story of a passionate love between Catherine Earnshaw and her foster brother and tortured romantic Heathcliff.
- Dr. Heidegger's Experiment by Nathaniel Hawthorne is a short story about a scientist who claims to have found the fountain of youth and convinces four old friends with life regrets to drink the water.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson is the story of a scientist who after an experiment suffers from a split personality.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley is the novel about a creature made from dead human bodies brought to life by an ambitious scientist.
For other literature-based see also: American Novels, Authors Collection, Author's Playhouse, Best Plays, Favorite Story, Great Plays, NBC University Theater, Theater Guild on the Air, Tell It Again, Theater Royal, World's Greatest Novels, and Your Playhouse of Favorites.