This newly updated three disk collection has a great
baseball collection as well as boxing, football,
horse racing (including Seabiscuit!), Indy 500 and
much, much more. Included in the collection are:
Text on OTRCAT.com ©2001-2012 OTRCAT INC All Rights Reserved-Reproduction is prohibited.
DISK 1 - BASEBALL 1:
- September 20, 1934 NY Yankee vs Detroit Tigers: Two of the greatest baseball teams of the 30s playing each other. The sound is a little raw, but background noises are too great: teletype ticker, typewriters of the sports writers, crowd noises, etc. This broadcast is supposedly the oldest "complete" game broadcast.
- 1936 Cubs vs Whitesox
- 1936 World Series: NY Giants vs NY Yankees: at this point in the series it was tied up at one game apiece with the Giants winning the first and the Yanks winning the second. A bit of pre-game analysis is offered up by Warren Brown who was the sports expert for the Chicago Herald Examiner newspaper.
- 1939 Cleveland Indians v Washington
- 1948 World Series: Boston Braves vs Cleveland
Indians: One of the
announcers is broadcasting great Mel Allen. The
series up to this point had apparently been a
bunch of low scoring pitcher's duels, but that
changes with this game - lots of fireworks.
- 1949 Red Sox v Yankees
- 1949 World Series Game 4 NY Yankee Vs Brooklyn Dodgers
- 1949 World Series Game 5 NY Yankee Vs Brooklyn Dodgers
DISK 2 - BASEBALL 2:
- 1956 All Star Game
- 1957 Chicago at Bklyn
- 1958 NY Yankees at Boston Red Sox. Fenway Park: Before the Game (before National Anthem), there is a moment of silence in Memory of Babe Ruth (10th anniv of his Death) 26 minutes into broadcast Announcer mentions Babe Ruths Record.
- 1960 World Series G7 PittsburghPirates v NY Yankees (two versions)
1961 NY Yankees v Boston Red Sox (partial)
- 1962 NY Mets v Cardinals
- 1964 World Series G7 Cardinals v NY Yankees
DISK 3 - contains boxing, football, 'greatest
sports thrills', horse racing (including 'Seabiscut
races'), Indy 500 and much, much more!)
Boxing, Football, Horse Racing and Indy 500 recordings ...
- Disk 3 also contains an 'extras' folder
with a number of interesting photos of vintage
sports broadcasting and reporting.
See also Kentucky Derby Recordings, The
Adventures of Babe Ruth and Dizzy
Dean's Sports Broadcasts
For great sports reporting, see Grandland Rice and Bill Stern Sportsreel. These recordings are also included in the Baseball and World Series Broadcasts Collection. For additional boxing, see Boxers, Champions and Prizefighters Collection.