Although Windows Media Player is the most widely used MP3 player, WinAmp is the by far the MP3 player of choice (and is a free download from WinAmp.com) for Windows computers.
Here is a step-by-step for playing the MP3 CDs in your with the program 'WinAmp' on your Windows PC computer (it's quite easy once you've done it once):
- Put in MP3 CD into the CDROM drive in your computer.
- Go to the lower left of your screen and choose: START MENU>PROGRAMS>WINAMP>WinAmp
- Once WinAmp window is open, make sure there is a window "WinAmp
Playlist" open. If not, you can press control-W to open and close it.
- Inside the window "WinAmp Playlist," click the lower-left button, "ADD"
- Navigate to your CD drive (which is most likely in your D: drive)
to do this you may have to go to the Desktop: My Computer: D:
- You should now see the contents of the disk - it may be just a single
folder -- if so, open the folder and then inside the folder there should
be a long list of .MP3 files
- Click on any MP3 file and click OPEN
(or press control-A to select all files and then click OPEN)
- The file should now be listed in your playlist and just click the
play button on the main WinAmp screen (it's the arrow > button of
- The volume control is the slider bar just under the 'kps' and 'khz' text
on the control window if you want to increase or decrease the volume