- AT HOME: around the house, kitchen, in the bath, knitting, cutting the grass, or in the garden; old time radio fans enjoy a good radio yarn!
- WORKING: writers, painters, photographers, truck drivers, farmers, teachers, and office workers all report enjoying old time radio shows during the day to boost productivity! Sometimes its hard to keep the grin off your face at the office when you're listening to old time radio shows. Police officers have written to say they enjoy a good Dragnet episode while on the job and Yours Truly Johnny Dollar is the favorite show of an OTRCAT.com customer and real-life private detective!
- EXERCISING: enjoy classic radio while on a walk or exercising--staying fit has never been so much fun.
- TRAVELING: old time radio takes out the stress and boredom of commuting, riding the bus or train, RV'ing, long distance drives, and air travel! Listening to a familiar old time radio show while staying at a hotel is a great way to unwind from a day of travel too! Some listeners enjoy listening to old time radio shows on the open water while sailing!
- CAMPING: share a spooky tale around the campfire with friends and family!
- FALLING ASLEEP: insomnia be gone! Late at night, listening to the gentle humor of classic radio or your favorite radio show is the perfect way to rest!
- CLASSROOM: educators worldwide (homeschoolers, K-12 school teachers, & college professors) use old time radio shows in their curriculum to enhance learning, illustrate American values and culture, and make history fun.
- RETIREMENT CENTERS: Classic radio shows bring back smiles and fond memories for listening residents of nursing homes, senior day centers, and long-term care facilities!
- DOCTOR'S OFFICES: nothing distracts you from the dentists drill or waiting room boredom like a good radio show! Share old time radio shows with a recovering friend or family member if they're in the hospital!
- WITH YOUR FAMILY: Some families listen to bible stories every Sunday and others set aside evening time to catch up together with a Fibber McGee episode. We hope you'll introduce classic radio shows to a new generation and share old time radio shows with your family, loved ones and friends today.
Did we miss one? Send us an email and let us know where you listen to old time radio!
<< Return to Old Time Radio Articles